An Extra Special Easter Sunday Lunch
Iphasika (Easter) is a great time to gather together with friends and family to enjoy the very best food, wines, unforgettable memories, and of course, chocolate! Easter Sunday is a nationally observed holiday and this year it falls on the 27th of March (Good Friday) with the following Monday (Easter Monday) also being a public holiday.
Regardless of religious persuasion, Easter Sunday provides the perfect excuse to whip up a memorable feast, gathering everyone you love around the table for an Easter celebration which is always isikhathi senjabulo (a time for happiness).
Make this year’s Easter Sunday lunch extra special by trying the following recipe:
Preparation time: 25 Mins
Cooking time: 65 Mins
2 tablespoons Oil
1 Onion – chopped
1 cup Mushrooms – chopped
1 Knorrox Beef Flavour Stock Cube
1 tablespoon Rajah Medium Curry Powder
1.5kg Chicken pieces
4 tomatoes – grated
3 tablespoons Knorr Hearty Beef Soup
1 tablespoon Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
1 teaspoon Robertsons Peri-Peri
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper – diced
- Pour some oil into a pot and add onions, mushrooms, and Knorrox Beef Stock Cubes. Fry until soft.
- Add Rajah Medium Curry Powder and wait until the spice cooks out.
- Add your chicken pieces and continue frying till chicken is brown.
- Add grated tomatoes, then put the lid on and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the Knorr Hearty Beef Soup with the water before adding it to the pot. Stir well and allow to simmer.
- When your chicken is almost cooked, add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and Robertsons Peri-Peri along with your diced peppers and cook for another 15 minutes.
- You now have a wonderful Easter Sishebo.
Once the “itis” has set in from ukudla okuphekiwe, everyone can enjoy Easter treats such as chocolate cake, hot cross buns, pudding and ice cream. The parents can then sit back and relax while the kids dash off to play some of their favourite games (such as amagende and ushumphi noDonkey) with their cousins and neighbours.
For more cooking inspiration this Easter Sunday visit, https://www.rajah.co.za/category/recipes.