Butternut and Bean Curry Soup
Preparation time: 25 Minutes
Cooking time: 45 Minutes
1 ½ Cups (375 ml) of Sugar beans, soaked in water overnight
2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Cooking oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Crushed garlic
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
3 Cups of Butternut, peeled and cubed
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
6 Cups (1, 5 l) of Water
2 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cubes
- Drain and rinse the soaked sugar beans and place into a pot, cover with water and boil until soft.
- Drain the cooked sugar beans, partially mash and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in a large pot and gently fry the onion and crushed garlic until soft.
- Add Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder and fry for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the butternut, carrots and potatoes to the pot together with the water and stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer without a lid until all the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and mash until smooth, then stir in the sugar beans and season to taste.
- Serve with homemade bread.
Click on the link for more delicious recipes from Rajah.