Cape Malay Rajah Lamb Curry
3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil (for deep-frying) 1 large onions, chopped 1 pods
1 large onions (Chopped) 1 pods
1 pod Cardamon (Whole)
3 sticks cassia
1Kg lamb (Cut into chunks)
1 large, ripe tomato (Chopped)
1/2 tsp Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
2 Tablespoons Coriander
10ml Ground Fennel
4 Garlic Cloves
2 teaspoon Ginger (Finely chopped)
Sea Salt (To taste)
6 Small Potatoes (Peeled and chopped)
60ml Coriander Leaves (Chopped, plus extra to garnish)
1 Green Chilli (Chopped)
5 ml Turmeric
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion, cardamom pods, cassia and cloves, and sauté until the onion is transparent.
- Add the meat and tomato, and braise for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the for the potato and coriander leaves)
- Close with a tightly fitting lid and simmer for approximately 1 hour, until the meat is just tender
- Add the potato and cook until done.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve with jasmine rice or rotis
Thank you to Corlette Swart Maritz for sharing this delicious recipe with us!