Chakalaka Chicken Sishebo
Preparation time: 20 Minutes
Cooking time: 50 Minutes
6 Chicken Pieces
½ Cup (125 ml) of Cooking Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Green Peppers, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
6 Tomatoes, grated
4 Carrots, peeled and grated
1 Tin of Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
1 Knorrox Beef Stock Cube
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pot and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onions and green pepper until soft.
- Add the Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder and fry for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the grated carrots, tomatoes and baked beans and stock cube and mix well. Return the chicken to the pot.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 30 – 35 minutes on a medium heat or until cooked through.
- Stir the pot every five minutes to ensure that it does not stick, and becomes smooth.
- Serve with pap.
Click the link for more delicious recipes from Rajah here.