Rajah | Recipes | Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Product: Rajah Mild & Spicy
Cost for 4 portions: R81
½ cup vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 5cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 ripe tomatoes, grated
1 tbsp tomato paste
1kg chicken portions
8-10 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
Boiled basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Fry the onion until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add the Rajah Mild Masala, garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated tomato, tomato paste and simmer to form a thick sauce.
- When you see the oil coming to the top of the sauce, add the chicken pieces and 1 ½ cups boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes then add the potatoes and cook for a 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve the curry with boiled basmati rice.