Rajah | Recipes | Creamy Coconut Chicken And Chickpea Curry With Cashews
30 ml cooking oil
500 g skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves, crushed garlic
15 ml Rajah Medium Curry Powder
1 small red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tin coconut milk
1 tin chickpeas, drained
8 fresh curry leaves
1 lime, juice and zest
3 baby marrows, sliced
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup roasted cashew nuts
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the chicken thighs until sealed on both sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra oil if necessary and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and Rajah Medium Curry Powder and cook stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk, chickpeas, curry leaves and lime zest and juice.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir to combine and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the baby marrows and simmer for a further 10 minutes then stir in the coriander and serve topped with roasted cashew nuts.