Curried Butternut, Red Kidney Bean And Quinoa Stew
250 g peeled and cubed butternut
30 ml olive oil
30 ml Rajah Hot Curry Powder
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
1 ½ cups water
1 tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup red and white quinoa (or alternatively couscous)
60 ml freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place the cubed butternut into a bowl and toss together with 15 ml olive oil and 15 ml Rajah Hot Curry Powder and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place into a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until tender, tossing every so often.
- When cooked remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and remaining Rajah Hot Curry Powder and fry until fragrant, stirring continuously.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water. Red kidney beans and quinoa and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in the roasted butternut and the chopped coriander, season to taste and serve.