Curried Chicken, Pumpkin and Spinach Stew
Serves: 4 – 6
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Cooking Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
2 Tomatoes, chopped
4 Chicken Pieces
1 kg of Butternut, peeled and cubed
1½ Cups (375 ml) of Water
1 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube
1 Bunch of Spinach, cleaned and chopped
- Heat up the oil in a large pot and fry the onion until brown.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and tomatoes, and fry for two minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until well browned.
- Add the butternut, water and Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped spinach, stir well and simmer for a further five minutes.
- Serve with pap or rice.
Click on the link if you are looking for delicious, wholesome recipes that are packed with flavourful and aromatic spice.