Curried Chutney Chicken
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 55 Minutes
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Cooking Oil
1 Onion, sliced
1 Green Pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
8 Chicken Pieces
½ Cup (125 ml) of Chutney
4 Tbsp. (60 ml) of Tomato Sauce
1 ½ Cups (325 ml) of Water
1 Sachet of Knorr Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and green pepper until soft.
- Add Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder and fry for one minute stirring constantly then remove from the heat.
- Arrange chicken pieces in an oven-proof dish and top with the onion mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the chutney, tomato sauce, water and soup powder, and pour this over the chicken.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice or pap.
Click on the link for delicious, wholesome recipes that are packed with flavourful and aromatic spice.