Easter Holiday Tips for Kids
Easter Holidays are on the horizon. This means that kids are going to be on their Easter break – Moms, are you ready?
Easter holidays are a great time for friends and families to get together, however, this often leaves homes overflowing with excited and energetic kids… as well as exhausted parents! One of the best ways to prepare for the upcoming holiday frenzy is to prepare a holiday activity planner for the family.
Add some of the easy and affordable below activities to your holiday planner to ensure your family gets the most out of their Easter holiday.
At home activities
- Get the kids involved with arts and crafts. Get out the paper, glue, scissors, paint and any other creative materials you may have at home. Let their imaginations run wild with drawing, painting and playdough. Supervise the use of scissors and remember to praise your kids for the beautiful pieces they produce.
- Board games. Put technology aside for a while and plan some time for board games.
- Play outside. On those beautiful Easter days, get the kids outside to play some well-loved games, such as: ushumpu, amagende, magalobha and donkey! All fun, easy games that can be played using items found around the house.
Out of home activities
- Local sightseeing. Learn more about your area by visiting local museums and historical sights. Your kids will have a great time while also learning more about their community and the world around them.
- Have a picnic. Invite your kids’ friends and their families for a picnic at the local park. The children will love being out of the house and you will have the opportunity to form important friendships with your kids’ friends’ families.
- Visit the library. Encourage reading and take your kids down to the library to choose a book to read during the colder days.
- Go on a family walk or hike. There are many beautiful areas around South Africa to explore. Pack some snacks and go exploring with your family! Remember to take pictures of all the beautiful memories made!
It’s important to leave some free time for a sleep in and a lazy day spent in pyjamas. Plan delicious snacks and time watching your family’s favourite movies. Your kids have had a long term ahead and will need some rest to prepare.
Rajah wished you a happy easter! Enjoy every moment spent with family and friends this holiday.