Rajah Household Tips: Easy Tips for a Well Organised Kitchen
Having a well-organised kitchen can help you save time, allowing you to really enjoy the cooking and entertaining process. Here are some ideas to help you get your kitchen organised:
- Decide what you really need and give away what you don’t. The kitchen is one place that can get cluttered quite easily. Plastic bags from the shops and plastic containers without lids tend to get pushed into cupboards and forgotten about, and can take up unnecessary space. Pull everything out of the cupboards so that you can see what you have.
- Group similar things together. Put all the things that you use for baking together and make a separate pile for cooking. Separate your dishes into two piles: ones that you use often and ones that you use on special occasions. Separate your cutlery from other kitchen tools like can-openers and scissors.
- Create work stations. Look around your kitchen and see if there are things that you can change. Your kitchen should be organised in a way that makes it easier for you and your family to move around. Keep your glasses by the sink, or by the fridge. Store your spices near the stove so that you can reach them easily while you are cooking. Put all the of the things that you don’t use often in the high cupboards that are difficult to reach. Use drawer dividers to keep your utensils in their place. Instead of crumpling up plastic bags and throwing them in the back of a cupboard, fold them neatly or put them in a bag that you can access easily and use them later.
- Declutter counter tops. Counters tend to get filled with things like recipe books, paper towelling, and till slips. Consider putting up a shelf to store these things and leave the countertop free for you to work on.
- Be creative with space. When it comes to working in the kitchen, you need to be able to make use of any space that you have. There are many places in the kitchen that tend to get forgotten about or overlooked. Think about installing hooks on the back of doors to hang aprons and oven mitts, or even brooms and feather dusters. You could also put screw-in hooks underneath your top cupboards to hang mugs or cooking utensils.
Following these tips will make your kitchen an even nicer place to spend time and give you that extra space to really be creative with your cooking.
Click the link for delicious, wholesome recipes that are packed with flavourful and aromatic spice.