Rajah | Recipes | Curried Chicken Liver Bunny Chow
Curried Chicken Liver Bunny Chow
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Category: Chicken Livers
Product: Rajah Mild & Spicy
Cost for 4 portions: R86
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
500 g chicken livers
1 small onion, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, chopped
4 Tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy
1 x 400 g chopped tomatoes
¼ cup cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 loaves of white bread, unsliced
Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and sauté the chicken livers for 2-3 minutes until seared and golden. Set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, Rajah Mild & Spicy to the same pan and saute for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomato and water, simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the cream and chicken livers and season to taste.
- Slice each loaf of bread in half. Pull out most of the soft bread inside, leaving a thick wall and bottom.
- Bake the bread in the oven until it’s crunchy and sturdy enough to hold the livers (optional).
- Keep the bread that you removed to thicken the curry or to serve with it.
- Spoon the chicken livers inside and serve garnished with chopped fresh coriander.