- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsps crushed garlic with chilli paste
- 10 medium-sized prawns
- 1 kg closed mussels
- 2 tbsps fish spice
- 2 tbsps Rajah All-In-One curry powder
- 1 tbsp Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 125 ml white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 x 410 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410 g tin hot and spicy relish sauce (chakalaka)
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 ml salt to season
- ¼ cup fresh parsley - chopped
Serving Size 4
Amount per serving
- Energy 416
- Protein 35.6g
- Carbohydrate incl. fibre 29.6g
- Carbohydrate excl. fibre 26.1g
- Sugar 11.2g
- Fibre 3.5g
- Fat 13.7g
- Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Unsaturated Fat 9.1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 92mg
- Sodium 1524mg
- Salt 3.82g
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 69%
- Potassium 35%
- Vitamin C 95%
- Vitamin A 28%
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, green pepper, and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the prawns and mussels stirring well, and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the fish spice, Rajah All in One curry powder, Robertsons Cayenne Pepper, and stir well and cook for a minute.
Add the wine and lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
Add the tinned tomatoes and continue to simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Increase the heat and add the tinned chakalaka and allow to cook for 5 minutes while continuously stirring the pot to prevent sticking.
Add the parsley and serve hot in a bowl with bread or a toasted baguette.