- 700 gram of firm-fleshed white fish
- 400 gram prawns (peeled)
- 400 gram half-shelled mussels
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) garlic (chopped)
- 1 to 3 green chillies (chopped)
- 3 to 4 sprigs of curry leaves
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) mustard seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons cumin
- 1 x 410 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Rajah hot curry powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons turmeric
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 g (pinch) salt
- 1 g Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch coriander leaves (chopped) for garnish
Serving Size 10
Amount per serving
- Energy 345
- Protein 26.4g
- Carbohydrate incl. fibre 13.2g
- Carbohydrate excl. fibre 10.2g
- Sugar 1.1g
- Fibre 3.0g
- Fat 21.6g
- Saturated Fat 7.2g
- Unsaturated Fat 12.4g
- Monounsaturated Fat 9.1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 3.3g
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Sodium 683mg
- Salt 1.71g
- Calcium 11%
- Iron 33%
- Potassium 22%
- Vitamin C 41%
- Vitamin A 20%
Heat oil in a large pot.
Add the cumin, mustard seeds and curry leaves to the oil.
When cumin aroma rises add the onions and cook gently for 4 – 7 min.
As soon as the onions become translucent add garlic & chilli and let cook for 3 - 4min.
Then stir in the Rajah hot curry powder and turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 min.
Once the ingredients are well mixed, add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk, salt & pepper.
Cook gently at low heat for about 10 – 15min. until oil appears on the surface.
Add the fish and cook for around 5 min.
Add the prawns & mussels cover and cook for a further 2 - 3min.
Remove from heat.
Finish by garnishing with chopped coriander.
Serve your masala with rice, rotis and sambals.