Rajah | Recipes | Seafood Curry Pot
Seafood Curry Pot
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Product: Rajah Medium
Cost for 4 portions: R119
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp Rajah Medium
1 cup vegetable or fish stock
1 cup dry white wine (or water)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 x 400g pilchards in tomato sauce
8 prawns, deveined
Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes until softened then add the Rajah spice and saute for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the stock, wine (or water) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Add the pilchards, prawns and mussels.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread on the side.
TIP Replace the prawns and mussels with extra fish and calamari rings for a more cost-effective meal.