Rajah | Recipes | Sticky Spicy Chicken Wings
Sticky Spicy Chicken Wings
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Product: Rajah Mild & Spicy
Cost for 4 portions: R105
2 tbsp vegetable oil
10 cloves garlic, crushed
4 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp water
6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
4 tbsp vinegar
6 tbsp golden syrup
16 chicken wings
15ml (1 tbsp) salt
30ml 2 tbsp) baking powder
Oven-roasted chips, to serve (see TIP)
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a small pot and sautée the garlic for 2 minutes. Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy and sautée for 1 minute then add the soy, water, chilli sauce, vinegar and syrup and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow to reduce until thickened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a lined baking tray.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and coat with the baking powder and salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip and cook on the other side until crispy.
- Place the cooked wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce over and toss to coat.
- Serve the chicken wings with oven-cooked chips on the side.
TIP Toss the chips in 1 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy as soon as they come out the oven for chips with a twist.