Rajah | Recipes | Veggie Vindaloo Curry
Veggie Vindaloo Curry
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Product: Rajah Hot
Cost for 4 portions: R82
800g mixed roasting vegetables
3 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
2 tbsp Rajah Hot
1 tsp mustard powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
2 onions, chopped
16 cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
2 cups vegetable stock
6 x poppadoms, to serve (see TIP)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- Place vegetables in a large roasting dish.
- Add the oil, Rajah Hot, mustard, seasoning, vinegar, and brown sugar and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and just cooked through.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan, fry the onions in a little oil until softened then add the garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the curry with poppadoms on the side.
TIP Cooking poppadoms in the microwave is healthier and quicker than frying them – simply arrange 3 poppadoms at a time on a plate and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until they puff up.